Monolith on the Mesa is held on the compounds of Taos Mesa Brewing and Hotel Luna Mystica on the mystical Taos Mesa. To help plan your trip visit Taos.org, your visitor’s guide to Taos. Find out where to stay and what to do!
- ALBUQUERQUE TO TAOS: I-25 to Santa Fe; exit on 599 north to by-pass Santa Fe; Hwy. 285 to Hwy. 68 to Taos.
- BRECKENRIDGE TO TAOS: Hwy. 9 to Fairplay; Hwy. 285 and Hwy. 17 to Alamosa; Hwy. 285 to Tres Piedras; Hwy. 64 to Taos.
- CRESTED BUTTE TO TAOS: Hwy. 135 to Gunnison; Hwy. 50 to Hwy. 285 to Hwy. 17 to Alamosa; Hwy. 285 to Tres Piedras; Hwy. 64 to Taos.
- DENVER TO TAOS: I-25 to Colorado Springs to Walsenburg; Hwy. 160 to Fort Garland; Hwy. 159 and Hwy. 522 to Taos.
- DURANGO TO TAOS: Hwy. 160 to Pagosa Springs; Hwy. 84 to Chama; Hwy. 17 to Antonito; Hwy. 285 to Tres Piedras; Hwy. 64 to Taos.
- VAIL TO TAOS: I-70 to Copper Mountain; Hwy. 91 to Leadville; Hwy. 24 and Hwy. 17 to Alamosa; Hwy. 285 to Tres Piedras; Hwy. 64 to Taos.
- WEST TEXAS TO TAOS: I-40 to Clines Corners; Hwy. 285 to I-25 to Santa Fe; Hwy. 285 to Hwy. 68 to Taos.
- Taos Regional Airport: 5800-foot runway, 75-foot width, 7094-foot elevation, U-122.8, AWOS 132.975, RCO 122.25, FPO 129.975, 100LL, Jet-a hanger available. Phone 575-758-4995
- Santa Fe Municipal Airport (SAF) is 65 miles south of Taos. Direct flights to Santa Fe: American Airlines from Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and Phoenix, AZ. United Airlines to Denver International Airport.
- Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ) is 135 miles south of Taos.
- Denver International Airport (DIA) is 300 miles north of Taos.
- Colorado Springs Airport (COS) is 230 miles north of Taos.
Taxi Services, Airport Shuttle & Tours
Taos Ski Valley Airport Shuttle provides daily year-round service to Taos, Santa Fe and Albuquerque airports. Convenient pick-up and drop-off locations allow you to meet your friends and family, hit the slopes and trails, or access lodging quickly and easily.
24 Hours: 575-776-2291 ext. 2384
*CREDIT CARD REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF RESERVATION.
*ALL PRICES ARE BEFORE TAX.
*RESERVATIONS ARE RECOMMENDED 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE.
Please allow two hours between Taos Ski Valley and Santa Fe Airport (1.5 hours to or from town of Taos) and three hours between Taos Ski Valley and Albuquerque Sunport (2.5 hours to or from town of Taos).
Times vary due to weather. Reservations are recommended 48 hours in advance. 7-day cancellation for full refund. Child seats not provided. No pets.
- 7:30AM and 11:30AM > Depart Taos Ski Valley
- 8:00AM and 12:00PM > Depart Town of Taos
- 12:30PM and 3:30PM > Depart ABQ Sunport Airport
- 1:45PM and 4:45PM > Depart Santa Fe Airport
A Northern New Mexico DOT certified shuttle and charter service, providing transportation for local residents and tourists. We pride ourselves in offering a friendly, safe, convenient and economical service. Enjoy a stress-free vacation with a private transfer to Santa Fe, Taos or Albuquerque airport. We also offer charters throughout Northern New Mexico for your group.
Available from most major companies at the Albuquerque Sunport; information for Albuquerque rentals can be found at: www.cabq.gov/airport/car-rental
Star Limo, LLC
Several hotels in Taos can provide transportation services or referrals to their guests with advance notification. Please contact your hotel directly for transportation availability and their policies on local and airport transfers.
Transportation between Santa Fe and Taos
Available from most major companies at the Santa Fe airport; information for Santa Fe rentals can be found at: airportcarrental.com
New Mexico Rail Runner
Light rail service between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.
The Taos Express
The Taos Express provides residents and visitors with weekend bus transit between Taos and Santa Fe. The NCRTD will commence a stop in Española at its RTD bus stop located in front of the Santa Claran Hotel by the Century Bank. The Taos Express provides connecting service to the New Mexico Rail Runner Express, Santa Fe Trails bus system and Taos Chile Line.
The fare for the service is $5.00 each way between Taos and Santa Fe. Service to and from Taos and Española, and between Santa Fe and Española, will be priced at $2.00 per trip. Service is provided on a first come, first served basis.
All NCRTD buses are ADA compliant and can accommodate two bicycles.
Custom Tours by Clarice, Inc
Taos and Taos Ski Valley
Chile Line – 341 TSV Green
Operating December 20 – March 30, the 341 TSV Green Line provides free shuttle service to and from the Town of Taos, Valdez, El Prado, Arroyo Seco and Taos Ski Valley. View schedule and route.
Chile Line – 340 Red
Providing daily service throughout the Town of Taos and surrounding communities. View schedule and route.
Visit ncrtd.org for Taos area transportation services, routes and schedules.
Rental Car Companies
Enterprise Rent a Car
1350 Paseo del Pueblo Sur, Ste A
Hours: Monday thruough Friday 8:00AM – 5:00pm, Saturdays 9:00AM – 12:00PM, Closed Sundays
Hertz Rental Cars
Taos Municipal Airport, 5 Airport Way
Hours: Monday thruough Friday 7:00AM – 6:00PM, Saturdays 9:00AM – 12:00PM, Closed Sundays