Volunteer at Monolith on the Mesa Music Festival
The Monolith on the Mesa Music Festival Volunteer application is now live and available – sign up NOW and become a part of this amazing festival! Please read the volunteer requirements, information and terms & conditions completely before submitting an application. Volunteer positions will be assigned based on festival needs.
Volunteering at Monolith on the Mesa is simple
Step 1: Submit the application form ($20 non refundable processing fee)
Step 2: Pay the deposit $60.00 – (We need to know you are coming!)
Step 3: Volunteer!
*The deposits are returned to you after the festival and are eligible upon the completion of a shift.
Don’t just attend Monolith on the Mesa – Be A Part Of It
In exchange for becoming a Monolith on the Mesa volunteer, you will receive a full refund on your deposit.
Additionally, when you are not working, you get to experience the festival! Volunteers are required to work three 6-hour shifts in return for a 3-day, General Admission (GA) festival pass.
What are the requirements to be a Volunteer at Monolith on the Mesa Music Festival
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- You will be required to pay $60 deposit to hold your position as a volunteer.
- Upon verification of completed shifts, you will receive your deposit back.
- A $20 non-refundable processing fee is due with this application.
- We will do our best to let you know within 2 weeks if you have been successful, however we ask you to please to be patient as there are many applications to process.
- Please provide a valid email address at the time of registration. This will be the main way that we communicate with you.
- Volunteers must be on time for all shifts. Please check-in 15 minutes before your shift.
- Volunteers must wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
- Volunteers will be provided a lanyard to wear while working and are required to take it off while not working.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for the usage of alcohol for volunteers on duty.
- If you are caught under the influence while on your shift, you will lose access to the festival. Please wait until after your shift for that type of fun!
What are the shifts like?
Volunteers will work three 6-hour shifts in return for a 3-day festival pass.
Where will I be working? Can I choose where I will be placed?
Shifts in each department fill up on a first come, first serve basis. Additional shifts may open up closer to the festival if someone cancels.
What are the perks of being a Monolith on the Mesa volunteer?
- Attend the festival at your leisure outside of your work shifts
- Participate in the inner-workings of the 2020 Monolith on the Mesa Music Festival
- Have an awesome experience all while supporting a great event!
Why do I have to give a deposit before I can volunteer?
Giving a deposit shows us that you’re committed to being at the event. – Your deposit will be refunded after you’ve checked in and completed your shift.
My Friend is also volunteering. Can you coordinate my shift with his or hers?
When you and your friend fill out your applications, be sure to indicate their name in the notes section of the application. Keep in mind that with so many volunteers and many varied needs, we cannot guarantee that you will share assignments with your friends, but we will certainly try!
When do I show up for my shift?
Please arrive 15 minutes before your assigned volunteer shift begins and be ready to work. As we get closer to the big weekend, additional details will be sent via email about checking in for your shift/s!
What if I have to cancel?
If you need to cancel, be sure to cancel your application AS SOON AS POSSIBLE via email at email@example.com. However, remember if you are unable to find a replacement, deposits are non-refundable.
I have a special skill set to offer, how can I best let you know?
If you have special skills that would make you a better fit for a certain crew area, please note that on the application.
Is transportation or accommodation provided?
No. All volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the festival. Feel free to purchase a camping spot and stay the weekend with us!
What do I bring with me?
Weather in New Mexico can change very quickly. Please bring layers. Bring water and snacks to keep your energy up.
You will also want to have a positive, authentic attitude and a willingness to work in any area with unforeseen needs.
When will I get my refund?
Refunds will be honored after Monolith on the Mesa weekend and shifts have been checked in for. Up to 5 business days after the event. If you register to volunteer, but do not show up for your shift: no refund.
If your question is not answered in these FAQs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you SO much for your interest in joining our crew!